These bars have no added sugar so are just slightly sweet. They taste great with a bit of peanut butter slathered on top for a filling, high protein snack or as an on-the go breakfast.
1 cup of dry oats, ground into a flour (use a food processor)
2 servings of protein powder (I used Infinit Nutrition Raw Protein)
2-3 ripe peaches (pit removed)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1-2 tbsp water or almond milk (if batter is too dry)
1-2 thinly sliced strawberries (for topping)
Other optional additions:
- Sliced almonds
- Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf tin (one you would use for banana bread).
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add vanilla.
- In a food processor, blend peaches (leave the skin on). Add to eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add to the eggs and mix. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add the batter to your loaf tin. Top with sliced strawberries. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until a tooth pick stuck in the bars comes out clean.
- Slice into 4 rectangle bars or 8 squares.
Notes: To add a sweeter flavour, use a vanilla flavoured protein powder or 2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup.